This training session for developers is intended for users who have already developed applications with PC SOFT's DevOps IDEs or who have previously completed the WINDEV or WEBDEV "Fundamentals" training sessions.
You will learn how to install an HFSQL server, use the HFSQL Control Center, migrate an HFSQL Classic database, optimize processes, procedures and stored queries, triggers, persistent parameters, manage rights and users by programming, replications, implement SQL and materialized views, use HFSQL in the cloud, etc.
The following is the suggested content of this training session:
(This content can be fully customized)
You will learn to:
- Install the HFSQL Client/Server database
- Handle the HFSQL Control Center
- Migrate an HFSQL Classic database and associated projects
- Manage databases
- Manage user access rights
The trainer uses the course support material, adapted to the objectives of the training session.
(the support material is provided in printed format at the beginning of the course)
This course support material is divided into subjects.
Each subject is based on 3 axes:
1 - theoretical presentation of the subject by the trainer and questions/answers
2 - implementation exercise (individual task) within a given time frame
the trainer remains available to help and provide additional explanations.
3 - correction of the exercise with all the necessary explanations and questions/answers
the trainer makes sure that each trainee has fully understood the exercise before continuing.
All of these methods and exercises will help you put into practice what you have learned, when you return to your company.
Subject 1. Overview of HFSQL Client/Server (30 minutes)
- Setup characteristics and prerequisites
- Advantages of Client/Server
Subject 2. Setup and configuration (1 hour)
- Setup principles
- Creation of databases
- Network configuration (opening ports)
- Managing HFSQL in the cloud
- Implementation of the GDPR
Subject 3. Migrating existing HFSQL Classic elements (1 hour)
- Importing HFSQL Classic files
- Adapting the analysis
- Adapting projects
- Creating and managing connections
Subject 4. Programming (17.5 hours)
- User management
- Rights management
- Management of subdirectories in Client/Server mode
- Optimization: divide execution time by 4
- Stored procedures and queries
- Creating a stored procedure
- Deploying a stored procedure
- Running stored procedures
- Stored queries
- Persistent parameters
- SQL views
- Materialized views
- Turn your HFSQL Control Center into a user-friendly query tool
- Universal replication
- HFSQL C/S server replication
Subject 5. Scheduled tasks and backups (30 minutes)
- Creating and configuring the management tasks
- Managing the database backups
Subject 6. Deploying an application with an HFSQL Client/Server database (30 minutes)
- Generating the setup and its specific features
Last updated: January 2023