WINDEV FUNDAMENTALS 1Pre-requisite
This training session for developers is intended for new WINDEV users and allows you to get an overview of WINDEV's functionalities.
It is recommended to read the Tutorial beforehand (tutorial included with WINDEV).
"Fundamentals 2" is an ideal complement to this training session.
Benefit from exceptional price offers by taking the "Fundamentals Course - 5 days".
After completing these 2 training sessions, you will master the basics to develop applications with WINDEV.
The following is the suggested content of this training session:
(This content can be fully customized)
You will learn to:
- Familiarize yourself with the development environment
- Master the basic concepts and the main editors
- Design and test your application
- Define your database
- Use the standard WLanguage functions
- Create windows to the Windows standard
- Create reports
The trainer uses the course support material, adapted to the objectives of the training session.
(the support material is provided in printed format at the beginning of the course)
This course support material is divided into subjects.
Each subject is based on 3 axes:
1 - theoretical presentation of the subject by the trainer and questions/answers
2 - implementation exercise (individual task) within a given time frame
the trainer remains available to help and provide additional explanations.
3 - correction of the exercise with all the necessary explanations and questions/answers
the trainer makes sure that each trainee has fully understood the exercise before continuing.
All of these methods and exercises will help you put into practice what you have learned, when you return to your company.
Subject 1. Overview of WINDEV (45 minutes)
- Managing the life cycle of your development projects
- Mastering the main concepts and editors
- Using the fifth-generation language (5GL)
Subject 2. Databases (2 hours)
- The analysis editor
- The HFSQL database: description of files and links (referential integrity)
- Using an external database
- Importing and converting an external database
- Implementation of the GDPR
Subject 3. UI: User interface design (4.5 hours)
- The window editor
- The style book
- RAD (Rapid Application Development)
- Context menus
- Browsing Table and Looper controls
- Creating a window template
Subject 4. Programming (5 hours)
- The source code editor
- The declaration of variables
- WLanguage: operators and main functions
- Auto-filled combo boxes
- Main concepts of the debugger
- Object properties
- Procedures and functions (with or without parameters)
- Tools: WDMAP, WDOptimizer...
Subject 5. Reports (45 minutes)
- The report editor
- The different types of reports: labels, form, table...
- The different types of report blocks
- Printing parameters (PDF, HTML, paper format, margins, printer drivers, etc.)
- Opening a report from the UI & UX
Subject 6. Setup (1 hour)
- Implementing the user groupware
- Creating the executable
- Creating the setup procedure
- Deployment on the client computer
Subject 7. Documentation generator (5 minutes)
- Data files and their structure
- Drawing the window, details of objects, sources associated with the object
Last updated: January 2023