Reporting (Reports & Queries)Pre-requisite
This training session for developers is intended for users who have already developed applications with WINDEV or WEBDEV or who have previously completed the WINDEV or WEBDEV "Fundamentals 1" training session.
You will learn how to use the report editor, manage sorts and breaks, manage the different data sources of a report, create simple and complex reports, print labels with bar codes, use internal reports, create composite reports, print a chart in a report, manage block substitutions, pass parameters to a report, print on both sides, anchors, reports on forms, Reports & Queries for the end user: how to install it, share it, etc.
This training session is exclusively for developers. If you are an end user, please contact us.
The following is the suggested content of this training session:
(This content can be fully customized)
You will learn to:
- Use the report editor
- Manage sorts and breaks
- Manage the different data sources of a report (data file, query, etc.)
- Create simple and complex reports (Edit a simple list with breaks or edit a purchase order with a report, etc.)
- Print labels with bar codes
- Use internal reports
- Create a composite report
- Print a chart in a report
- Substitute blocks
- Pass parameters to a report
- Create and use a report template
- Execute a report from WINDEV or WEBDEV
- Understand and configure the preview window
- Duplex print
- Set anchors
- Create reports based on forms
- Reports & Queries for the end user: how to install it, share it, etc.
- Make reports modifiable in Reports & Queries
The trainer uses the course support material, adapted to the objectives of the training session.
(the support material is provided in printed format at the beginning of the course)
This course support material is divided into subjects.
Each subject is based on 3 axes:
1 - theoretical presentation of the subject by the trainer and questions/answers
2 - implementation exercise (individual task) within a given time frame
the trainer remains available to help and provide additional explanations.
3 - correction of the exercise with all the necessary explanations and questions/answers
the trainer makes sure that each trainee has fully understood the exercise before continuing.
All of these methods and exercises will help you put into practice what you have learned, when you return to your company.
Subject 1. Overview of the report editor
- Parts of a report
- The different blocks
- The data source of the report
- The different codes
- Using report templates
- Breaks (totals, subtotals)
Subject 2. Blocks
- Start and end of document
- Page header and footer
- Unbreakable blocks
- Iteration or substitution blocks
- Page complements
Subject 3. Programming and controls
- The different codes of the report
- Block codes
- Passing parameters from UI & UX
- Block substitution functions
- Page breaks
- The Chart control
- The Calculated control
- The Total control
- The Bar Code control
- The Internal Report control
Subject 4. Report examples
- Simple list and list with breaks
- Report with a calculation
- Label and bar code
- Report with a subtotal on the next page
- Composite report
- Order form with GTC on the back of the page
- Merging PDF files
- Table + Chart
- Internal reports
- Create reports based on forms
Subject 5. Questions/Answers
Last updated: January 2020